November 14, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm PST
Take a walk near the place the Willamette and the McKenzie Rivers meet. Observe 15 years of tree-planting work on Green Island, a habitat for beaver, river otter, and over 150 species of birds. If you’re looking for a special place to connect to nature this year, Green Island will be open for self-guided visitors on October 10, November 14, and November 27 from 11-3.
Because this property is a privately-owned space in active conservation, there are a few things to know before you visit:
- No pets, please. They may disturb wildlife.
- There will be a port-a-potty available but no other facilities.
- Bring a water supply to stay refreshed.
- Note that our property is adjacent to hunting grounds, and you may hear nearby gunshots.
- Bikes are okay, but trails are not designed for biking.
- The neighbors very much appreciate you driving slow on your way in. Please stay under 5 MPH past the houses on Green Island Rd.
- Gates will be closed at 3pm.
Please observe COVID-19 safety guidelines for this visit. Bring your mask and maintain a safe social distance from visitors outside of your group. This event is free and does not require registration. We will have a guestbook available on site, and we’d love to know who comes to visit!
Thank you to our sponsor, Burley for supporting this event!
Download written directions to Green Island here: https://mckenzieriver.org/gi_directions_20191/
« All Events