Volunteer Land Steward Training
May 15 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDT
You are ready to be a conservation leader! This in-depth training will prepare you with the information, tools, and understanding that you need to join our Volunteer Land Stewards crew and adopt McKenzie River Trust protected property to help care for!
This training will take place in the field and outdoor classroom and include information about McKenzie River Trusts conservation approach, native and non-native plant species, how to map and monitor conservation information on your phone or tablet, and more!
Volunteer Land Stewards adopt a protected property and help to care for it with a commitment of 2-years. Some associated projects/tasks include:
- Taking photos annually to help build the long-term visual story of your adopted property
- Monitoring for trespassing or dumping of garbage and helping MRT staff to address related issues
- Habitat projects including removing invasive plants
- Connecting with volunteers like you during work projects on your adopted property
- Enjoying special ongoing-education opportunities with local expert naturalists and scientists provided by McKenzie River Trust
Not sure if this program is right for you? Join us online for a virtual program orientation on Tuesday, May 11th to learn more!