#OptOutside on Green Island
#OptOutside and celebrate Oregon’s outdoors! Visitors are invited to explore Green Island, a 1200-acre conservation site where the McKenzie and Willamette Rivers Meet. You’ll find wide gravel farm roads where physically distancing is made easy as you explore 15 years of active restoration. Up to eight miles of flat and open looped trails showcase this island home to beaver, river otter, and over 150 species of birds, there is so much to see and enjoy!
Because this property is a privately-owned space in active conservation, there are a few things to know before you visit:
- No pets, please. They may disturb wildlife.
- There will be a port-a-potty available but no other facilities.
- Bring a water supply to stay refreshed.
- Note that our property is adjacent to hunting grounds, and you may hear nearby gunshots.
- Bikes are okay, but trails are not designed for biking.
- The neighbors very much appreciate you driving slow on your way in. Please stay under 5 MPH past the houses on Green Island Rd.
- Gates will be closed at 3pm.
Please observe COVID-19 safety guidelines for this visit. Bring your mask and maintain a safe social distance from visitors outside of your group. This event is free and does not require registration. We will have a guestbook available on site, and we’d love to know who comes to visit!
Thank you to our sponsor, Burley for supporting this event!