For Generations To Come
We are Mckenzie
We protect special lands, restore natural systems, and connect people to places they care about.
Success at Green Island
1,000 acres restored to natural beauty.
A robust ecosystem comprised of a rich mosaic of historic habitat
Restoring Floodplain Function at Finn Rock
In 2021, McKenzie River Trust and partners from the US Forest Service and McKenzie Watershed Council will begin an in-stream restoration project on the Elk Creek Channel which flows through the north-eastern part of the property. This work will be messy, but the outcomes will:
- Increase wetland areas and aquatic habitat around the Elk Creek side-channel
- Slow and spread water across the floodplain to improve habitat for juvenile Spring Chinook Salmon
- Increase nesting habitat for Western Pond Turtles
- Address stream erosion issues and reconnect the Elk Creek channel to its historic floodplain, and,
- Create space for water to move, mitigating against flood related issues
Begin the most exciting phase of your career with McKenzie River Trust.
Now Seeking a full-time Conservation director
We protect more than 6,000 acres for fish, wildlife, and water quality in Western Oregon. See where we work.
Stay Up to Date on News and Events
Subscribe to our email newsletter!